Re: Code?

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Jonathan Ben-Joseph <jbenjos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is because C truly is the least common denominator when it comes to
> language binding, almost every mainstream language can call directly into C
> shared libraries without much of any boilerplate code (see P/Invoke in .NET
> or ctypes in Python for example).

Yes this is precisely why.  Also, we want to be able to bundle it into
packages so that if someone chooses to install a package outside of
the standard tools (administrative installs for example), CoApp will
be there and be able to get all the dependencies.

> But isn't (at least) the first revision of the engine core being written in
> C#/.NET? At this point it seems highly likely that the GUI frontend will be
> written in C# using the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).

Yes, this is true.  The first version will be a C# prototype so that
we can rapidly change it to figure out the specifics of the APIs.  In
parallel, we are working on the libcoapp C library which will take
over when things settle down a bit.

--
Ted Bullock <tbullock@xxxxxxxxxxx>