From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Justin Chase
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:00 AM
To: Rivera, Rafael
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Anyone with OData experience out there?

+1 SQL Server.

Douglas Purdy (http://www.douglaspurdy.com/) is the guy at Microsoft to talk to if you have questions. He's been on a giant OData kick lately. I have played around with it some recently and it's pretty decent, the only complaint I had was that on the client side the linq provider was pretty limited in the types of queries you could do. That's pretty reasonable still though.

You can create the OData provider quite easily by using the Entity Framework ORM tool. Which will give you everything you need to have in order to serialize / deserialize your data into objects on the server. There are hooks that you can add to filter queries using linq and add custom code for other CRUD operations. The security is pretty flexible and you can integrate it with OpenID in a fairly straight forward fashion.

So far I've been pretty impressed.