Re: Code?

On 5/20/2010 4:03 PM, Trent Nelson wrote:
> I'm perplexed why anyone would want to forgo the advantages of C++ for
> C; I can make my C++ DLLs just as small as C ones.  And, like, what if
> I want a linked list, or a hash, or a set, are we planning on writing
> all of those from scratch?  Even string handling alone seems like a
> huge win.

The major concern was dependencies. If we move to C++, we'd have to then
start binding to, redistribute, and service the Microsoft Visual C++
runtimes. If we used the latest version of the runtimes, for example,
we'd drop support for Windows XP Service Pack 0, 1, and 2 machines plus
exclude anyone using the Starter Edition SKU. (The latest runtimes don't
install on these platforms.)

/rafael