Re: [specs] Pre and post install actions?

Uhh, no. By written generally I meant "being data driven to handle
install/uninstall/repair/upgrade/patching/rollback in a reusable way."

Also, if you look at the code in the WiX toolset you'll find that none of
the WiX toolset custom actions are written using DTF. I personally don't
care for managed custom actions because I think install packages should have
as few dependencies as possible. Again, if you look at the WiX toolset's
custom action code, you'll find it is basically just C code compiled with
the C++ compiler because I like // comments. <smile/>

I've also never seen the Windows Installer team interested in contributing
custom actions to the WiX toolset. Unfortunate, but true.