Re: Code release schedule

Yeah, it’s great… it’ll still be a bit of time before we get functional packages, but every step is a step forward…

From: Andrew Fenn [mailto:andrewfenn@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2010 6:57 PM
To: Garrett Serack
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Code release schedule

It is great to see this project moving along. I can't wait to try it out.
On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Garrett Serack <garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Howdy folks,

I spent a lot of time last week with leaders from a bunch of open source projects, finding out what was useful and what isn’t.

One of the things that came up was that projects tend to do better when there is a consistent release schedule that people can work to.

So, I’m going to start doing releases every three weeks, starting with the 16th of August.

The binary releases will be code signed and built for x64 and x86 (coapp-trace may have only x86 until the x64 side is up and running…)

I’m gonna try to get MSIs built, but depending on my schedule over the next few weeks, the first few might be zip files.

Garrett Serack | Microsoft's Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.