Re: Updates to the CoApp Platform Architecture

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Rafael Rivera <rafael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Questions:
>
> When the user double-clicks the MSI, and the bootstrapper executes, is the MSI install blocked, aborted, or suspended/continued?
> If suspended... Can you launch and install the engine while the other MSI package is suspended, given Windows Installer one-package-at-a-time limitations?
> If aborted... is the MSI in this case a non-executable container? What happens when I do msiexec /a <msi> (administrative install)?
>
> /rafael

If I am reading it correctly the initial msi downloads the
CoApp-Engine.msi and finishes (exits) with the downloaded msi as a run
target with some arguments passed that tell it what to do when
finished. When the CoApp-Engine.msi finishes installing it relaunches
the original msi passing the arguments it received back that tell the
original msi to start installing from a new path that does the real
install with all the CoApp bindings.

Dj Gilcrease
 ____
         /|