Re: use of static libs permitted?

Lee,

I think that one of the main reasons open source software often uses static
libraries, especially on Windows, is that it gets around a lot of the
dependency issues. You don't have to worry about dynamically loading a
strange version of a dependency library if you never dynamically load
libraries. CoApp intends to solve this problem so I think developers should
choose to release non-statically bound libraries whenever possible and
hopefully they will.

Eric