Re: Progress on mkSpec...

mkSpec is *only* for native packages.

mkProject takes the data from mkSpec to create visual studio project files.  My V1 tools (that I built as part of my gsToolkit project) was one single tool to do this, but it became far too unweildly, and didn’t allow for some of the intelligence that I wanted.

Any significant work with shallow forking requires the use of trace/mkSpec/mkProject.

From: Olaf van der Spek [mailto:olafvdspek@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 11, 2010 9:49 AM
To: Garrett Serack
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Progress on mkSpec...

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Garrett Serack <garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I just thought I’d drop a note about the progress I’m making on mkSpec (the tool that takes source code and generates compiler-independent build data from it… which is a short jump from project files & make files. :D)

mkSpec isn't necessary for native packages, right?
Wouldn't it make more sense to first focus on mkProject such that we can get started shallow-forking simple projects that don't need mkSpec and tracing?

Olaf