Re: GitHub "Pages" Feature.

Do we also want to move our distribution lists over to github as well, consolidating everything there? (I assume github has that capability but would need to confirm.)

-- Tom

From: Garrett Serack
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 9:52 AM
To: Tom Hanrahan
Cc: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: GitHub "Pages" Feature.

I can't believe I didn't see this until now.

Github has a way of building a website hosted right on Github itself-including pointing our custom domains right to it.

http://pages.github.com/ describes the how-to regarding using pages.

Apparently, we can also use pages with something called Jekyll as a blogging platform too (and disquss for comments).

I've created the coapp.github.com repository in the CoApp project, and http://coapp.github.com already shows it.

Given the massive amount of buyer's remorse I'm feeling over using Orchard, I think this would be much better.

Has anyone used github pages to setup a blog/complex website?

Garrett Serack | Microsoft Open Source Software Developer | Microsoft Corporation
Office:(425)706-7939                                       email/messenger: garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
blog: http://fearthecowboy.com<http://fearthecowboy.com/>                                      twitter: @fearthecowboy<http://twitter.com/fearthecowboy>

I don't make the software you use; I make the software you use better on Windows.

GIF image