Re: Could someone do a comparison chart between RPM & Apt-get command lines

Actually, yum has the ability to install packages that aren't from a
repository.

Just run: "yum localinstall <filename.rpm>" or "yum install <filename.rpm>"
as root.

So you don't need to use rpm to install packages, and in fact it isn't
recommended at all.

On the other hand, apt cannot do this, as far as I know.

Yum and apt aren't "high level" per se, but they are not "low level" either.
Most of the time, people are using something like PackageKit, which
abstracts away the differences between repository managers like yum and apt.
That would probably be what I would consider "high level".