From: coapp-developers-bounces+tiroger=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:coapp-developers-bounces+tiroger=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Strahan
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 8:09 PM
To: coapp-developers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] First useful pkgs? (libz, libpng)

I think that Garret is suggesting that CoApp isn't yet ready to be released for the common user, in the same manner that one wouldn't deploy a 50% working (or 50% broken) web site.

My understanding is that "Release Early, Release Often" applies to projects that are 100% working - although perhaps not 100% feature complete. I could be wrong, but it would seem that CoApp isn't 100% solid yet.

I'm guessing that "Release Early, Release Often" will be the next logical step after the first release.

-Charles

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 11:53 AM, Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:olafvdspek@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 4:20 PM, Garrett Serack <garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:garretts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
> *sigh*
>
> Software Developers  use "Release Early, Release Often". It's not just an open source idea.
>
> And yes, that would be ideal.
>
> However, We're still at a stage where releasing something would be completely pointless.
>
> Every blocking bug that I have yet to resolve means that no matter what I've got, you can't use it.
>
> Release Early, Release Often works ok for Applications with a gradually increasing feature-set
Isn't coapp such software? I'm sure it's possible to define such a feature-set.

Olaf