Re: First useful pkgs? (libz, libpng)

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Tim Rogers <tiroger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> By the same token, releasing early makes the assumption that significant
> portions of the software in question are believed to operate correctly
> unless stated otherwise.  We could absolutely release CoApp “early” in its
> present state, but I would only wish to do so with a disclaimer that we do
> not believe the software to be functioning properly at this time.
>

> I, at least, am not willing to promise that it won’t light your computer on
> fire if you try using it right now.  I don’t think it will, but I really
> can’t make that promise.  Nor can I promise that it will do anything that it
> is supposed to until we have had a chance to seriously look it over first.
>

> With all of this in mind, if you would like to build it yourself and try
> using the tools to construct packages and install them, I’d be happy to get
> input from test systems outside my control.  Just don’t blame us if the
> system becomes unstable.

I understand you can't release something like a RC or even a beta.
However, 1.5 years into the project, I had expected some things to be
available. Like a tool to build a (native) Hello world lib to produce
.lib and .dll files (not even a pkg). To some, that's already very
useful functionality and it'd allow other developers to start playing
with, and possibly contributing to, the coapp project.

Olaf