Re: Codesigning for the masses.

Yes, they have. The only trouble with them, is that their site is in a language that I don't read well.

Goog Translate helped, I applied for a cert from them to see how that works too.

From: coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [coapp-developers-bounces+garretts=microsoft.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Jernej Simončič [jernej+s-launchpad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 1:31 PM
To: Garrett Serack on [coapp-developers]
Subject: Re: [Coapp-developers] Codesigning for the masses.

On Wednesday, January 4, 2012, 21:03:49, Garrett Serack wrote:

> As for 'industry standard' .. I'm pretty far ahead of the
> 'state-of-the-art' here, since generally very few people care about
> code signing, and those who do, just follow MS's guidance. (which is "cough up the dough").

Well, for open-source projects, Certum has been offering free
certificates for years. They won't work for drivers either, but
they're good enough that Internet Explorer won't display a red shield
when you try to run the file you just downloaded.

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://eternallybored.org/ >

Any simple idea must be worded in the most complicated way.
       -- Attorneys Operating Principle