context team mailing list archive

Re: One more arch (OS X, snow leopard)

> I can send you the patch, no problem, just one question for you before
> I continue. The weird thing is that:
> - I'm able to compile binaries for ppc
> - I'm not able to run them

  Mojca, that *is* cross-compilation; the very point of it is to compile
binaries that you're not able to run on the host architecture.  The situation
on Mac OS <= 10.5 was quite special in that you *could* run standalone binaries
compiled for the "other" architecture, but that's not the general case when
cross-compiling.  I understand there are side-effects to it (that the build
system wants to run the tangle binary it just compiled), but there must be
workarounds for that.  I can look into it, but after the week-end.

	Arthur