context team mailing list archive

Re: minimals for cygwin

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 16:50, Peter Münster wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23 2010, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>
>> Second of all: one first needs to update the scripts with "svn up" and
>> then run them when compiling the binaries.
>
> "svn up"?
>
> I thought that the recommended way was:
> rsync -av rsync://contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/first-setup.sh .

I thought that we were talking about "platform.sh" file. Well,
first-setup.sh is indeed a bit different and would have more influence
than changing platform.sh, but other risks are more serious.

> This file has not been updated yet...
>
> Now I do:
> svn cat \
>  http://svn.contextgarden.net/minimals-src/arthur/first-setup.sh \
>  >first-setup.sh

I need to change a plenty of other things on the server as well anyway.

>> Peter, I gave you now the rights for the whole "minimals" tree. Until
>> now you only had the rights for linux-64. You may try to run just
>> ./bin_commit.sh ... if that works and if all the binaries have been
>> successfully compiled. Once you add the binaries, I'll add the
>> platform to all the other dozen of places where it's missing.
>
> Compilation pdftex and xetex failed. I don't know why and unfortunately I
> don't have much time to care about that now.
> luatex is checked in.

It would be nice to figure it out, but I agree that getting luatex to
work is more important.

> Are the TL binaries different from the binaries in the minimals?
> I can only compile for cygwin-32 (no 64 bit here).

Yes. But 32-bit binaries used to be part of TL. If that's still the
case, you don't need to do anything.

I won't have time to do it today though (and I'll be occupied during
the weekend).

Mojca