context team mailing list archive

Re: minimals for cygwin

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 16:40, Peter Münster wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What do you (especially Mojca) think about adding cygwin to the supported
> architectures?
>
> I can patch first-setup.sh and the build-scripts and build the binaries.

Peter,

do you have anything against a slight shift of timeframe? I have just
figured out something that I wasn't really aware of. Cygwin needs .exe
files, so simply adding a platform won't work out of the box. I need
to rewrite quite some bits of code if I want the automated scripts to
start working.

I could patch it now, but unless it's urgent, I would like to make a
clean rewrite.

In the meantime it would be great to get a patch to recognize cygwin
incorporated into luatex and luatools, so that it will start working
out-of-the-box once I fix the rest.

Taco will tell if anything needs to be done about luatex binary.

For luatools, take a look at the chunk of code that reads as below and
try to patch it and send a patch to Hans:

elseif os.type == "windows" then

    -- we could set the variable directly, no function needed here

    function os.resolvers.platform(t,k)
        local platform, architecture = "",
os.getenv("PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE") or ""
        if find(architecture,"AMD64") then
            platform = "mswin-64"
        else
            platform = "mswin"
        end
        os.setenv("MTX_PLATFORM",platform)
        os.platform = platform
        return platform
    end
elseif name == "linux" then

    function os.resolvers.platform(t,k)
        -- we sometims have HOSTTYPE set so let's check that first
        local platform, architecture = "", os.getenv("HOSTTYPE") or
os.resultof("uname -m") or ""
        if find(architecture,"x86_64") then
            platform = "linux-64"
        elseif find(architecture,"ppc") then