context team mailing list archive

Re: minimals for cygwin

On Tue, Jul 27 2010, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> do you have anything against a slight shift of timeframe?

Oh no, far from it!
In fact, the support for cygwin is only a small gain in comfort: instead of
using mswin's first-setup, compiling my own luatex.exe and replacing it, all
would be done by cygwin's first-setup. I didn't know, that so much work was
needed... :(

> I have just
> figured out something that I wasn't really aware of. Cygwin needs .exe
> files, so simply adding a platform won't work out of the box. I need
> to rewrite quite some bits of code if I want the automated scripts to
> start working.

Are you sure?  No special attention was needed in first-setup.sh and
platform.sh. I was quite surprised, that "cp dir1/luatex dir2" copies
"luatex.exe" under cygwin!

I believe, that the only thing that is still needed to make cygwin work, are
mtxrun and texlua in contextgarden.net/minimals/setup/cygwin/bin
Then, at least mkiv should work.

> In the meantime it would be great to get a patch to recognize cygwin
> incorporated into luatex and luatools, so that it will start working
> out-of-the-box once I fix the rest.
>
> Taco will tell if anything needs to be done about luatex binary.
>
> For luatools, take a look at the chunk of code that reads as below and
> try to patch it and send a patch to Hans:

Ok, I'll try it tomorrow (no ms-win at home, I'll do it at work).

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/