context team mailing list archive

Re: tlcontrib

On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 11:48, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> A closely related question for Mojca:
>
> For these binaries, do you want to keep minimals as the
> leading repository with tlcontrib being filled from the
> minimals, or would you prefer to do the reverse and take
> the packages from tlcontrib into minimals?

Taco,
- I could easily upload luatex for all the architectures that we have
in minimals without bothering each binary builder to do the same (I
just didn't do it so far)
- But then: I would prefer to discuss over Skype about the best method
that would not require any human interaction (apart from running a
simple script; either manually or as a cron job) to get luatex into
both tlcontrib and minimals at the same time.

Mojca

PS: Some platforms are missing, but I wouldn't bother; MacTeX supports
Mac OS X 10.3, minimals don't, but I wouldn't bother either. For Mac I
need to change the binaries a bit (luatex in minimals is very-fat:
ppc, intel, intel-64, while the one in MacTeX is only ppc and intel),
but it's not really needed either; the binaries may stay a tiny bit
"fatter".