context team mailing list archive

Re: tlcontrib

On 10/08/2010 12:24 PM, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

Taco,
- I could easily upload luatex for all the architectures that we have
in minimals without bothering each binary builder to do the same (I
just didn't do it so far)

Great, can you so at least for the most obvious current platforms
then? I can also do it myself, but because of the close link to
minimals I thought it would be better if I didn't (and besides,
it is not the best of ideas for me to 'own' a great many packages).

- But then: I would prefer to discuss over Skype about the best method
that would not require any human interaction (apart from running a
simple script; either manually or as a cron job) to get luatex into
both tlcontrib and minimals at the same time.

Yes, I know we should work something out.

However, in order to get a broader audience (and therefore testers and
helpers), I think it should now be the first priority to get tlcontrib
far enough ready that it can be announced on c.t.t. and tex-live. And
that means that the most common architectures should be covered asap.

I do not care too much about e.g. kfreebsd and alpha-linux at this
point, but definitely win32 should be in, and whatever is the most
normal binary set on darwin.

Best wishes,
Taco