Re: Questions

On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 3:08 PM, Aleks Kuzemko <kuzemkoa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello, all!
> I have some questions:
> 1. What IDE do you use?

I use mostly Eclipse and sometimes Emacs. But you can use any system
you want. This is not like Windows, where most projects only work on
Visual Studio.

> 2. JussiP, can you add to the site section like RoadMap or TODO?

The roadmap is basically "enable and make available to Unix command
line client everything that the Windows version had". And TODO is
"whatever is still missing from roadmap". :)

One thing I would like to see happen is for someone to backport the
current version to Windows using MinGW. I don't have a Windows machine
so I can't do it myself.

I'll look into adding some real todos as blueprints.

> 3. The source of table recognition is close at this time. Will we wait for
> it, or write own?

Table recognition is a very hard problem. Coding it from scratch can
take months or even years.

Cognitive people are hoping to get their implementation released this
year. Once they do, I'll merge it to the Linux version.