dhis-mobile-devs team mailing list archive

Completion of data through the smartphone and light clients & completion in the smart phone client

Hi there devs,

We are seeing a bit of inconsistency through the different modes of data
entry and specifically on the completion of the datasets.

On the smartphone client, data is imported through the dataValueSets importer,
but no completion information is sent.

On the light client, data is submitted and can be registered as complete,
but it does not seem to activate the "Send notification to completing user"
if it has been set to "Yes" in the dataset.

I am not entirely sure what is the behaviour of the J2ME client at the
moment but  we can investigate.

As part of our work flow, it is crucial that the users get confirmation of
the fact that their report was received by the server. Using the web
interface, when a user "Completes" a dataset, they can receive a message
that the data value set was registered as complete.

Could we see if we could make the "experience" more seamless between
clients?

1) Consider adding a button someplace on the smartphone client to allow
dataset completion.
2) Add some visual clue to the smart phone client  (if it is known) that
the dataset is complete
3) Trigger the sending of a message to the user upon receipt of a completed
report when sent through either the J2ME, Web, Light, Smarthphone or
Android client (etc).

Thanks,
Jason

Follow ups