Re: dhis lite

Hi

2009/4/14 Lars Helge Øverland <larshelge@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Made the lite jar set two system properties which are read by the report
> config manager in DHIS 2, the birt stuff now configures itself.
>
> H2 embedded mode only accepts connections from a single JVM or thread. This
> implied a problem in that Birt creates a connection to the database. Still
> H2 has a "mixed mode" where the first connection to the db is in embedded
> mode, while subsequent connections will be made in server mode, where any
> number of connections can be made. To achieve this AUTO_SERVER=TRUE must be
> added to the connection url in hibernate.properties, eg
> "hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:h2:./database/dhis2;AUTO_SERVER=TRUE".

I'm not sure if my reading of the docs is the same as yours.  It seems
to me that h2 will handle multiple connections in a thread safe manner
from within a single JVM.
(http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#multiple_connections)

Also I wonder if we should consider turning on Mysql compatibility
mode in the URL.
(http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#compatibility).

> http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#auto_mixed_mode
>

> My only concern now is the size, the whole thing without data zipped weighs
> in at 83 MB.

That's pretty big!  I wonder if we should consider distributing it
separately as well ie. without the dhis and birt wars.  One of the
features we can add to the "control panel" is a user

> Things now seem to work fine. Any objections against releasing a beta
> version so people can try it out?

No I think that would be a good idea.  It seems pretty usable at
present with H2.

Regards
Bob