Re: dhis lite

> I'm not sure if my reading of the docs is the same as yours.  It seems
> to me that h2 will handle multiple connections in a thread safe manner
> from within a single JVM.
> (http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#multiple_connections)

Yup but we are using embedded mode, not client-server-mode (which runs over
TCP):

"If you want to access the same database at the same time from different
processes or computers, you need to use the client / server mode."

BIRT is apparently starting its own process.

> Also I wonder if we should consider turning on Mysql compatibility
> mode in the URL.
> (http://www.h2database.com/html/features.html#compatibility).

Could be useful.

> > My only concern now is the size, the whole thing without data zipped
> weighs
> > in at 83 MB.

7zip max-mode gives you 70 MB. I hope we can exclude some unnecessary jars,
having a look at the maven dependency graph...

> That's pretty big!  I wonder if we should consider distributing it
> separately as well ie. without the dhis and birt wars.  One of the
> features we can add to the "control panel" is a user

Some sort of automated update mechanism would be nice, yes...

> > Things now seem to work fine. Any objections against releasing a beta
> > version so people can try it out?
> >

> No I think that would be a good idea.  It seems pretty usable at
> present with H2.

OK.