Re: Roadmap issues

2009/4/24 Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx>:
> The new GIS solution for DHIS 2 is not using KML, but GeoJSON.
> Conversion between these formats and PostGIS or Mysql/H2 spatial
> tables is possible, but for now we will mainly be using JSON files
> generated by GeoServer.

Ah.  Object serialization ... we've been here before :-)

This is way off my patch, but doesn't GeoServer also generate KML?
And OpenLayers can read both.  Any particular reason for going the
GeoJSON route?  It only becomes an issue if we want to integrate
geo-spatial metadata with "general" dxf data as part of an export.
Then KML would be much handier.

> KML is an interesting format, and there is also a lot of possibilities
> for using Google's maps. But I don't think you should spend time on
> including polygon geometries in the DXF yet. Point coordinates could
> perhaps be included, that's cheap.

Hadn't really planned to spend any time on it!  Mind you if you wanted
to include kml polygons it would be pretty straight forward:

<dxf  version="99" xmlns:dx="www.hisp.info/dxf"
xmlns:kml="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2"; >

<dx:OrganisationUnit name="country1">
   <kml:Polygon>....</kml:Polygon>