Re: to annualize or not, that's the question...

> 2009/7/22 Ola Hodne Titlestad <olatitle@xxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> If the annual denominator value is 451.5 and the monthly numerator value
>> is
>> 149 then the annualised monthly value of 401.5 % is correct.
>>

>> Num x Factor = 149 x 12 (approx.) x 100 = 178 000
>>
>> Ind value is then 178 000 / 451.4 = 396 %
>>
>> The annualisation factor in DHIS is based on days and not months, that
>> is
>> why it is not exactly 12, but very close to 12 at least.
>>
>> Your problem seems to be the dnominator data typed into DHIS.
>> Is the annual value really 451.5 or is that a montly estimate of the
>> annual
>> value?
>>

>> Ola Hodne Titlestad |Technical Officer|
>> Health Metrics Network (HMN) | World Health Organization
>> Avenue Appia 20 |1211 Geneva 27, Switzerland | Email:
>> titlestado@xxxxxxx|Tel:
>> +41 788216897
>> Website: www.healthmetricsnetwork.org
>>
>> Better Information. Better Decisions. Better Health.
>>

>> 2009/7/22 <johansa@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Developers,
>>>
>>> how is the Annualized function of indicators working? I get some very
>>> strange values in my pivot tables...
>>>
>>> I have the following indicator:
>>>
>>> ANC3 coverage, percent, annualized>
>>> Numerator: ANC3 visits, in a Monthly data set, aggregation operator:
>>> sum
>>> Denominator: Expected number of pregnancies, in a Yearly dataset,
>>> aggregation operator: average
>>>
>>> Bandajuma clinic reported 149 ANC3 visits in April, and have 220.4
>>> Expected pregnant women per month in 2009, as I read it from the pivot
>>> table, but have entered 451.5 for the year 2009. Is this right? In the
>>> pivot table I get 401.5 % ANC 3 coverage, calculated like this:
>>>

> What do you mean here? What is the correct value for the year of 2009?
> 451.5 or 12*220.4? Where does the monthly value of 220.4 in your pivot
> table
> come from?

Sorry, many similar sounding facility names. It should be 451.5 also shown
monthly. The annual value entered for 2009 (checked in DHIS) was 451.5,
and in the pivot table the same number is shown for each month. The
dataset where the DE is coming from is yearly, but the pivot table for raw
data also shows that same value for all months in the year.

Johan

>>> numxfactor is 181283.3333
>>> denominatorvalue is 451.5 (the same as expected number of pregnancies
>>> for
>>> the year)
>>> Indicator is annualized, level 4 (facilities)
>>>
>>> I think there must be something wrong here, as I get percentages up to
>>> 500
>>> for some months. Regardless of the catchment population not being