Re: Patient/community in trunk!

This could help while trying out this new functionality.

Basically it is similar to DHIS2, the following are the major things

   - Patient
   - Program
   - ProgramStage
   - DataEntry

*Patients and Program Menu*

   - add/edit/remove -
   patient/program/programstage/attribute/attributevalue/relationshiptype
   - assign programs to organisationunits
   - define programstages for programs (for example ANC program can have
   First, Second and Third stages or trimesters)
   - when defining programstages you can also specify minimum day after the
   start of the program so that the stage should be serviced. For example you
   can say after 15 days of pregnancy First trimester checkup should be made,
   90 days for second trimester........ blah blah - may be health people can
   give us a better example
   - and for each of these stages you can define what dataelements you will
   be collecting
   - you can put attributevalues for patients. Attributevalues are values
   you can put for attributes of patients. For example house number, phone
   number, blood group,...... could be attributes (you can add as many
   attributes as you like) and for any of these attributes you can assign
   values for a specific patient/person. Next time if you want you can search
   or sort patients based on these attributes
   - relationshiptype could be parent/child, husband/wife, sibling/sibling,
   HEW/Patient,.... here again you can have your own relationship. And for each
   of your registerd patients you can associate two patients based on your
   existing relationships.
   - out of the available relationships for a given patient you can choose
   one and make the "partner_of_the_relationship" to be a representative of the
   patient. For example when a baby is born we need to define parent/child
   relationship, we can also put sibling/sibling relationship for the baby's
   sister(s)/brother(s) ...... and out of these relationship we can choose one
   to be representative. In this case the parent of the child could be assigned
   as a representative for the child. And while doing that you have two options
   - the first one with the child inheriting all its parents attributes and the
   other one without inheriting
   - .....
   - ....
   - so you can play around with the available links/buttons

*Name-based Data Records*

   - search for registered patient (based on attributes or name/identifier)
   - record data -- but first you need to choose a program and the
   corresponding programstage
   - while recording data there is a possibility to say whether the
   data(actually the service) is provided by another facility or not? This is
   important during aggregation - we can only report those provided by the
   reporting unit - this will avoid duplication - as all reporting units should
   report what ever they provided
   - Reports - per program
      - can select program
      - start date and end date
      - and it will display all the individuals who interact with the
      program within the given time frame. In addition it will show
the status of
      the programstages
         - Green - safe and complete - you can drill down and see what the
         values are
         - Red - risk - due date missed
         - Yellow - ok - not completed but still on time
      - Visit Plans
         - When you select and OrgansiationUnit
         - the system will look for patients in the selected unit and those
         who are in active programs (like those patients who have not
yet completed
         the cycles of a program)
         - then for each (active) program a patient is currently enrolled
            - display the next immediate stage together with the due date
            - you can sort visit plans - based on a number of attributes -
            by default sorted by House Number (this is an attribute)

I think this helps

Thank you
Abyot.