Re: Re-use of category options

Hi,

agree that we need to improve on this. We have been discussing this a
lot and I think Bob describes very accurately how we are going to
implement it.

We already have quite a packed road map for the fall and I cannot
promise we will be able to accomplish this before 2.7 release in mid
Feb 2012, we will however try our best to get it done earlier.

I have written up a blueprint here, feel free to add to it:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+spec/extend-category-and-groupsets-model-with-concepts

Regarding the method for re-using category options presented above, I
can only say it will confuse the system since it is mapped as a
one-to-many association and lead to undefined behavior, eg. removal of
categories will mess up other categories since category options are
assumed not be present in other categories; re-used category options
will be duplicated in lists and cause the import to crash etc.

Lars