Re: OrgUit groups and group sets

Hi,

Had a chat with Lars about this issue and we agreed that an OK solution that
will meet most requirements here and also not require much development time
will be to accept that orgunit groups can be used for both in group sets
(exclusive only) AND for a more free tagging/categorisation purpose without
group sets.

However, every group set must be exclusive, this way we know that we can
aggregate data by each group in a group set which will be important when
introduce group sets in report tables later this year, and this is also
important for the group set resource table for pivots. This is the
intended behavior today, but we need more strict control of group set
exclusivity every time a group membership is added/edited.

For the "free" non-groupset groups it will be good if we can improve how we
present orgunits in reports and on maps and make use of these group
memberships (attributes) when listing information about an orgunit. E.g.
when clicking on a point in the GIS all group memberships should be listed,
and also improve orgunits distribution reports (reports module)
to include filtered lists based on one or multiple groups, e.g. list all
orgunits under a selected parent that is member of the group "CS", or member
of "PEPFAR" + "ART services" + "rural". The result could then be a simple
list of the orgunits meeting the criteria or aggregated numbers for each
region etc.

I think this solution will provide the flexibility needed to cover all the
mentioned use cases. The only drawback I can see for the "services provided"
use case is that it will be impossible for DHIS to know which groups that
actually represent a service, but that can be dealt with using naming
conventions and custom report queries and views I think.

What do you guys think?

Ola
-------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Vetlandsvn. 95B, 0685 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps
link<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Vetlandsvn.+95B,+0685+Oslo,+Norway>