[GSOC][Idea-2-PatialRendering-for-Nashorn] Idea interest and Calarification

Hi Mark Polak,

I am Dehan currently finishing off my final year at University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka. I am really interested in web technologies and therefore also
this project.

Considering the project idea, it has the idea of partial rendering
introduced to increase performance or
as per the article sighted in the project idea page improve web crawler
indexing[1]

It's true that a SPA takes time to load initially, but after the initial
simply JSON/XML data structure is called for each REST call. But there is
the obvious drawback when indexing because when using mechanisms like
angular routing I assume they will not be crawled again as per the article
provided earlier.

But if indeed the startup time is what you are looking at to reduce,
wouldn't it come at a cost of each page taking more time to lead due to the
increased markup which now should be brought in for each request?. Isn't it
better to sacrifice more start up time to have more responsiveness when
actually using the web app? which is the principal behind SPAs?

Furthermore which version of Spring is used ? Is it Spring 4 and beyond or
a version before that?

If we are to work with Nashorn we will have to work with Clojure I guess?[2]

[1] - http://augustl.com/blog/2014/jdk8_react_rendering_on_server/
[2] -
https://carouselapps.com/2015/09/11/isomorphic-clojurescriptjavascript-for-pre-rendering-single-page-applications-part-1/

best regards,