Re: "All" authority no longer granting access to programs?

Hi,

It was like that before .... I think I changed it because at some point
there was a discussion saying we have to be careful on granting blanket
access in tracker.

One could be a superuser, but does this really mean this user will have
access to clinical data, names and everything implicitly?

By forcing users to explicitly go and assign a program, they know the
consequence of doing that...

We am open for suggestions and discussions.

--
Abyot A. Gizaw.
Senior Engineer, DHIS2

On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Jim Grace <jim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Perhaps it was just an oversight in the code, forgetting to check for the
> "ALL" authority in addition to the particular authority?
>
> I would certainly expect "ALL" to grant the same access as all
> authorities. It would surprise me if there is any good rationale to make it
> otherwise.
>

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 11:19 PM, Morten Olav Hansen <morten@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Yes, that is correct. I'm not sure when it was decided so, but you need
>> to give the userrole access to that program.
>>
>> Maybe Abyot remember exactly why?
>>
>> --
>> Morten Olav Hansen
>> Senior Engineer, DHIS 2
>> University of Oslo
>> http://www.dhis2.org
>>
>> On Fri, Apr 8, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Timothy Harding <tharding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey devs,
>>>
>>> Just wanting to make sure of this: It looks like in version 2.21 and
>>> beyond, the "ALL" authority no longer gives the super user access to
>>> *everything* (about the same time programs were given their own entry
>>> in the roles). This means when that user makes a new (public) program, they
>>> need to also add that program to their superuser role. Is this intended? *Will
>>> datasets eventually act this way as well*? If not, why the discrepancy?
>>>
>>> Steps to reproduce
>>> 1. Create blank database in 2.21 or 2.22 (or use the SL demo)
>>> 2. Add root ou/set level
>>> 3. Add single tracker data element and single aggregate data element