Re: SL demo testing - Bugs or not?

Lars,

The main requirement I have - and I use that all the time - is the ability
to export only a few data elements, option sets, or any other meta-data
sub-set. It correct that the detailed meta-data export was a bit messy (the
"with dependency" option was outright dangerous), but I've been using it
extensively to ensure meta-data consistency across many different instances.

The main reason for the ability to export sub-sets is efficiency: (a)
exporting such meta-data sub-sets using api calls is cumbersome and only
for techies; (b) exporting all meta-data for a certain component can be a
nightmare to import again. As an example, I've got an instance with 45
options sets and a total of around 30,000 option values. Exporting those
are reasonably quick - importing them takes many many hours (if it works at
all). Importing OrgUnits also slowed down tremendously in recent versions
(they are being imported one by one), so the ability to export only those
few that is actually required is critical.

Regards
Calle