Re: Impossible to create a Program Stage through UI

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reporting this problem. I tried reproducing this on https://play.dhis2.org/2.31-rc1/ and I think what you are experiencing might be an unclear UI, not a bug.

What I did to save a program stage:

1. Create or Edit a tracker program
2. Go to section 4 - Program stages
3. Add a new stage
4. Click “save" on the program-stage-form
5. Click “save” on the tracker-program-form

Without step 5 nothing gets saved and you will see the behaviour you describe. I suspect that that is what is going on.

Step 5 is an easy one to miss because at the bottom of the program-stage-form you also see a “save” button. Clicking this doesn’t actually trigger a request to the server, it simply adds a stage to the program in the client. Only after clicking “save" on the main form an API call is triggered and the event-program (with its updated stages) is actually persisted in the DB.

Could you confirm that this is what's going on?

Thanks,
Hendrik