dhis2-documenters team mailing list archive

Re: How to license the documentation?

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Jason Pickering
<jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Currently, we really do not have any licensing on the documentation.
> This is probably not a very good idea. I raise this issue, because of
> some other questions about licensing of the GIS module, and how this
> may conflict with the DHIS2 BSD license.

Thanks for bringing up the issue - my feeling is as free as possible.

> Anyway, I think we should consider using this..
>
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html

A possibly better known license is Creative Commons, I guess - but I
haven't looked deeply enough to tell which one would be best for us.
Bob will likely have some opinions?

> Not really sure in this case who the copyright holder would be
> however? "DHIS2 Documentation Team"? "HISP"? "University of Oslo"?

I think we could use University of Oslo, since the others are quite vague?

Knut