dhis2-documenters team mailing list archive

Re: How to license the documentation?

On 4 May 2010 16:34, Knut Staring <knutst@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Jason Pickering
> <jason.p.pickering@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Currently, we really do not have any licensing on the documentation.
>> This is probably not a very good idea. I raise this issue, because of
>> some other questions about licensing of the GIS module, and how this
>> may conflict with the DHIS2 BSD license.
>
> Thanks for bringing up the issue - my feeling is as free as possible.
>
>> Anyway, I think we should consider using this..
>>
>> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html
>
> A possibly better known license is Creative Commons, I guess - but I
> haven't looked deeply enough to tell which one would be best for us.
> Bob will likely have some opinions?
>
>> Not really sure in this case who the copyright holder would be
>> however? "DHIS2 Documentation Team"? "HISP"? "University of Oslo"?
>
> I think we could use University of Oslo, since the others are quite vague?
>
> Knut
>
>> Comments?

Seeing how you insist Bob will have an opinion ... I would opt to just
push it straight into the public domain (where all things end up in
the end).  Easier than bothering my head about whether I love UIO
enought to grant them copyright :-)

http://creativecommons.org/choose/zero

Regards
Bob