Re: [Dhis2-devs] DHIS2 with R

Hi Bob,

Yes, I suspect that most R users would probably want to do things
their own way. It has a rather steep learning curve. :)

As for canned R scripts, the best way would probably with with PL/R, a
procedural Postgresql language which utilizes R.

http://www.joeconway.com/plr/doc/index.html

I have done some very basic testing and it seems to work just fine on
the server side.

I think they are two separate problems really, but I totally agree, C
is likely going to be faster than Java for big operations. However, I
do think (as all of you know) that the use of stored procedures (with
the wrapper facade type of approach) for certain functions (like
aggregation and heavy cross tab operations) would be much better to be
executed on the database server as a native stored procedure.

Regards,
Jason