Re: Server Errors

Hi Dan

I assume you are running the demo database.

>    1. I can't seem to generate a user with either 'superuser' or 'system
>    administrator' role when logged in as 'admin'. I also can't see the user
>    'admin' in the list of users. I can see that 3 users are assigned the role
>    of system administrator and one to superuser, but none of the listed users
>    have those roles. Am I missing something obvious?
>
> In the demo db we have a user "system" which has the ALL authority through
system administrator. The "admin" user has most authorities but not ALL
through superuser. So this behavior is a consequence of the way authority
is handled: When creating new users, you can assign the user roles for
which your own account has all of the authorities. Also, you can view and
edit other users for which your own account has all of the authorities.
This is done so that authority can be deferred through a hierarchy -
national users can create and manage province users, province users can
create and manage district users and so on.

The pattern for the demo user's username/password is:

keita
Keita123

>    1. There are a number of charts / maps / pivot tables that can't be
>    deleted by the user 'admin'. I presume this is related to the user role
>    issue in question 1, or is it?

This happens because those charts are created by the system user, and set
to public view access and private edit access through the sharing
mechanism. This allows "super users" to create a set of charts / maps /
pivots which should be view-able by all users, but only editable by
themselves to avoid them being changed/messed up.

http://dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch07.html

>    1. Creating a chart (or map / pivot table) as the user 'admin' seems
>    to generate a system-wide chart by default i.e. all other users see that
>    chart. If logged in as 'lower' user role the default is to save the
>    favourite for just that user. Why isn't the default behaviour the same for
>    different users?

This happens because admin has the "create public chart" authority through
superuser role, while "lower" users do not have that authority in the demo
db. Creating private charts / maps / pivots is now open to everyone and
require no authority granted. The thinking behind this is that a set of
"superusers" should be able to generate general-purpose charts which should
be consumed by everyone, while allowing "lower" users to create their own
charts while keeping the list of charts for the common users short and
relevant to themselves (essentially people can create their own charts
without messing up everyone else's list of charts).

http://dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/user/html/ch07.html

>    1.
>    2. Running the data integrity check throws up a number of errors in
>    'Data elements without groups', Data elements in data set but not in forms
>    or sections etc. Can these be ignored?

Yes these should be considered "best practices". The second warning could
be good to clean up in order to have a healthy database.

> Thanks for all the great work - am really enjoying version 2.11!

Thanks.