Re: Looking for detailed documentation

Dear PIEVAROLI,

Please see my comments below.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM, PIEVAROLI, Liliana Marcela <
pievarolil@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Dear Châu Thu Trân,****
>
> ** **
>
> Thank you for your nice notes.****
>
> How do I know whether I am using the tracker module or the aggregate
> module?

When to create a data element, if we select Domain type as Aggregate, then
this data element is used for aggregate module. And we can add it into a
certain data set, aggregate reports, charts, ....

If we select Domain type as Patient, then this data element is used for
tracker module. We can add it into a program-stage of a certain program to
collect individual data.

 ****

> **·        **We do not get a checkbox when we use the yes-only type.
> We have installed Version: 2.11; Build revision: 10429; Build date:
> 2013-04-02 15:51
> Custom form.

Yes-only data elements are only supported for tracker module. So, if you
createg a data element with domain as Aggregate and add it into dataset,
then this data element is not displayed as checkbox in data entry form.

****

> **·        **How can the users see the options before typing? Is there a
> key combination to see the options or to get a search thing?

When to click on *Show All Items *button next to the option-set data
element field, a option-value list are displayed. To search a option-value,
let type the key you want to search in field, the result will be displayed
below.

 Is there a validation when someone enters a value that does not exist?

If you're talking about the *compulsory data element*, the for aggregate
module, let open* Data set management* form, find data set which you added
this data element, click on the *Edit compulsory data elements* icon. For
tracker module, in Add/Update program-stage form, check *Compulsory* column
of data elements you want.
Let find which is corresponding to data set included the data element

> ****
>
> **·        **We saw that we can create check boxes, select boxes. Are
> those unbound fields? How would you use them? How can you bind one of those
> fields with a dataelement?****
>
> **

For aggregate module, we just support* Date, Number, Text ( Text fields)
and Yes/No (select boxes)*.

For tracker module, you only need to declare the exactly* value type* for
data elements with domain *Patient*. And add them into a certain
program-stage, then in case entry form, you can see them like the snapshot
which I shared in previous mail.

**

> Thanks for everyone’s answers!!!****
>
> ** **