Re: Notification - Deadline for data set submission

Hi - I would like to support this idea. In regards to Ola's question I will
say:

1. The notification could be send based on the DataSet 'Expiry Days'
setting. If it is 0, no notifications are send (no way to write a logic..).
Otherwise the notifications can be send X days before/after the Expiry
Days. The messages will be different text, so they need to be
defined independently. And yes, the assumption is to send messages to those
with incomplete data sets. So notification rules should be data-set specific

2. Who to send: this is difficult. Sending to all those users that have
access to the Org Unit that the DataSet is active will be unnecessary.
Perhaps it should be send to those users that have explicit access to the
specific Org Unit that the DataSet is active.

3. How to send it. I guess in most cases we want email, but in some cases
we may want SMS. I guess this should be based on user settings, which
are already in place.

I'm sure others will have other opinions. It will be nice to see this on a
future release.

Rodolfo

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:34 AM, Ola Hodne Titlestad <olati@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi Paulo,
>
> We can definitely expand on our notification features.
>
> Could you describe a bit more detailed what you would like here?
> (and other readers feel free to contribute)
>
> Some questions to get you started:
>
> - Should the message be sent out x days before deadline, x days after
> deadline or both?
> - I assume you only want to notify the users that have not yet
> submitted their data?
> - To know who to send notifications to, would it be possible to create
> a recipients list based on orgunit + user role, or simply to all users
> assigned to the orgunit?
> - Would you like to define notification rules per dataset or common
> rules applicable to all data sets?
>
> Feel free to describe all this in a blueprint:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/dhis2/+addspec
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ola
> ---------
>
> ----------------------------------
> Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
> HISP
> Department of Informatics
> University of Oslo
>
> Mobile: +47 48069736
> Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link
>

> On 13 May 2013 12:15, Paulo Grácio <pgracio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> > Similar to Complete notification recipientes is there a way to notify
> user
> > that deadline is being reached for data set submission?
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Paulo Grácio

*Rodolfo Meliá*
*Principal*
rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx
www.knowming.com
+1 708 872 7636
+44 777 576 4090
Skype: rod.melia
Twitter: @RodolfoMelia <https://twitter.com/RodolfoMelia>

Note: Please note my new email address, which I will be using for PSI
related work: rmelia@xxxxxxxxxxxx