Re: Setting up enviornment variable for DHIS2 on Ubuntu 12.04

You must put the setenv.sh file in the correct bin directory,. If you have
installed with the package manager, this will usually be in
/usr/share/tomcat7/bin/ directory. This is really not a good idea, unless
you only have a single instance of Tomcat on this machine.

If you are using a local installation (obtained through a tar archive) then
it should go in the respective /bin/ directory where you extracted the
archive into.

We need to revise the documentation really, to utilize the tomcat-user
package, which provides a much better mechanism, as you can still use the
package manager, but create multiple instances of tomcat on the same
machine.

Regards,
Jason