How to structure information?

Dear all,

      we are trying to figure out the best way to "structre" an HIS in
dhis2 and would like to share our case with the community.

There it goes...

We need to collect several data sets from some the hospital departments.

IPD - Chrirurgie
 IPD - Maternité
 IPD - Médécins
 IPD - Pediatrie
 OPD - Adultes
 OPD - Médécins
 OPD - Pediatrie
 OPD - SMI-GYN
OPD - Soins

Lets use *Diagnosis form *and *Cases of Malaria* data element for this
example.

Then all the departments should fill in the Diagnosis form and we want to
know the cases of malaria of the 9 departments.

My first approach was to create one org unit per department, and one data
set for the Diagnosis form.... but i feel it could complicate a bit too
much the hierarchy and also make a very dynamic use of it (new departments,
departments closed...)

Other option would be create one unique org unit (hospital) and a different
data sets for every department... but this would imply creating every data
element as many time as departments are in the hospital (9 in this example)
and having to create more every time a new department is included in the
HIS.

Or... create IPD and OPD under hospital... and then every data element as
many times as specialities are (7 in this example)

I don't use categories because i want them for gender and age...

None of these options seem perfect to me... so...
If I got to explain myself and someone already has gone through this... I
would appreciate to know from your experience :)

Thanks!

Marta

Follow ups