Re: [Dhis2-devs] Entering Monthly Data for Future Periods - beyond December 2013

Hi Busoye,
I think the problem is that these periods have not been generated yet. In
the past, we have generated them using SQL. Something like

INSERT INTO period
SELECT nextval('hibernate_sequence'::regclass) as periodid ,
(SELECT periodtypeid from periodtype where name = 'Monthly')  periodtypeid,
 (startdate + '1 year'::interval)::date as startdate,
 (enddate + '1 year'::interval)::date as enddate
 from period
 where periodtypeid = (SELECT periodtypeid from periodtype where name =
'Monthly')
 and startdate >= '2013-01-01' and enddate <='2013-12-31'

This is a really basic statement, and would not check for things like
periods which already exist so you might need to tweak it a bit.

There should really be a method to pre-generate future periods, but I am
not sure this exists.

Regards,
Jason