Re: [Dhis2-devs] ireport deprecated

For those who have already invested in the iReport learning curve, the good news is that Jaspersoft Studio has virtually the same functionality as iReport.  Most of the features work the same, though the screen is a bit more cluttered.

I've created .jrxml files from report tables and edited them in the new platform and they seem to work fine as standard reports in DHIS-2.  My custom iReports based on Postgres queries also work fine.  It doesn't seem like you can import your database connections, so you have to re-create those again.  If you link to several DHIS-2 instances, you might want to leave iReport on your system and view the data adaptor properties so that you can recreate them in Jaspersoft studio.

Randy

From: Dhis2-users [mailto:dhis2-users-bounces+rwilson=msh.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Jolliffe
Sent: Thursday, November 07, 2013 9:42 AM
To: Murod Latifov
Cc: DHIS 2 Users list; DHIS 2 developers
Subject: Re: [Dhis2-users] [Dhis2-devs] ireport deprecated

Hi Murod

That does sound interesting.  So you are manipulating the odf xml somehow.  But in the end it is linked to what? A jdbc link to a database view?  Or are you getting data with the analytics api?

My earlier look at openoffice calc showed that it was not so good at manipulating very large amounts of data - like for example the way we used excel for pivot tables.  So you have to do this processing elsewhere.  This is why I wonder whether you make use of analytics in dhis.

Shame you can't share more.

Bob