Re: I need help On setting up SMS on dhis

Hi Anthony,

What are your current issues? What is working and what is not working?

Br,

_Andreas_

On 16. juni 2014 12:08, Anthony Danso wrote:
Please am still having issues with the Setting up of proxy for SMS in DHIS2.can someone help me out? On Apr 7, 2014, at 12:55 PM, Peder Andreas Nergaard <andreasn@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:andreasn@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Anthony,

I copied the list, as this information is useful for others. I substituted usernames and passwords with ***.

You will need to develop a proxy for the incoming messages, as these will need to be on the format specified below. Alternatively you can ask the SMS gateway to deliver messages on our format. Basic Auth is documented here:http://www.dhis2.org/doc/snapshot/en/implementer/html/ch08s03.html#d5e610
For the outgoing messages, do the following:

1. Go to "Mobile Configuration"->"SMS Service Configuration"
2. Click "Add Gateway"
3. Select "Generic HTTP Gateway".
4. Write a name for the gateway
5. Fill in username and password
6. Write the following in the URL string:

Substitute everything in <> with your information. Words in {} are DHIS2 variables and should be left alone.

7. Save the gateway
8. Set your new gateway as default
9. You should now be able to send SMS

Note that you can only configure for one sending shortcode, so you cannot differentiate between the shortcodes for various operators, as we have no way of knowing who is on which operator.

Br,

_Andreas_