Re: ICD10

Hi Simon,

Have a look at the section called "Use Case 1: Anonymous inpatient
admissions and deaths with ICD-10 coding" on this page:
https://www.dhis2.org/individual-data-records

With aggregate data you will have to pre-define all the data elements with
ICD-10 codes before starting data entry, so that could be thousands of data
elements depending on what you decide to use.

With events data you can collect a few data elements about each case, and
only need one data element to capture "Diagnosis". To this data element we
then assign an option set with all the diagnoses with coding. Each
admission to the hospital is one event in the database, so you will enter
data straight from the register book.

Note that to do morbidity and mortality analysis there is no need to
capture person names and ids, what you care about are typically the
diagnosis, age, gender, insurance status, and the outcome etc.-.
- so the events can be anonymous, no need to register the patients for this
use case.

Then with event analysis you can do on the fly aggregations on these events
with all kinds of filters on the data elements and their options/values. In
2.16 you can now build charts (as well as tables) presenting the aggregated
events data also on the dashboard, without having to save these values (the
query/filter is saved) in aggregated data elements.

Have a look at the online demo and the Dashboard called "Inpatient
Morbidity and Mortality". Click on one of the charts and you will see the
new event analyzer, very much like the Data Visualizer, but based on the
events data. From there you can up in the top right corner select
Table->Open this chart as a table. That will take you to the event
reports.There you will see that you can look at both aggregated values as
well as Individual cases (top left corner). Try to click on Individual
cases and you will drill down to the actual events (admissions) that made
up these aggregate numbers. Then you can e.g. add more data elements to the
table to see more details about each event.

On a related note I should mention that we are working with WHO to in near
the future distribute (make available in DHIS 2) a more useful ICD-10 list
simplified to be used at local levels. The list Lars referred to is not an
official list (the XML download), and is just a suggestion (proof of
concept) for how this can be done. You should make sure that the options
there are according to how you would like to make use of the ICD-10 codes
as it is not the full official list.

Ola
-------

Ola Hodne Titlestad (Mr)
HISP
Department of Informatics
University of Oslo

Mobile: +47 48069736
Home address: Eftasåsen 68, 0687 Oslo, Norway. Googlemaps link
<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Eftas%C3%A5sen+68,+0687+Oslo,+Norge&hl=en&ie=UTF8&sll=59.893855,10.785116&sspn=0.222842,0.585709&oq=eftas%C3%A5sen+68,+0687+Oslo,+&t=h&hnear=Eftas%C3%A5sen+68,+%C3%98stensj%C3%B8,+0687+Oslo,+Norway&z=16>