Metadata export and category option combos

Hi,
I’m in a situation where I want to transfer data and metadata for one dataset from one DHIS instance to another. My initial idea was to use the «Meta-Data Detailed Export» from the source database, select the relevant dataset, and check «include dependencies». This creates an XML-file with the dataset, data element, cateories, categorycombos etc as expected. However, after importing this metadata into the target database, I realised that it did not include the categoryoptioncombos (with IDs). In other words, even though I have the same data elements, categories, categorycombos etc in both databases, I’m not able to transfer data between the two since the data export relies on the categoryoptioncombo.

One work-around is of course to use the «regular» meta-data export and selecting category option combos, but then it includes the metadata for ALL categorycombos, not just the three I’m interested in - so I will either have to edit the XML or delete the ones I don’t need later.

Am I missing a more obvious/simpler way of doing this? Is it by design or by oversight that the categoryoptioncombos are not included in the detailed export? (I realise the categoryoptioncombos are a bit «special» since they can be regenerated later etc)

Olav

Follow ups