Chart comparing two time intervals

Hi,

a common requirement here at the West African IDSR workshop is to compare values of one data element/indicator over two time periods, typically two years as indicated in the attached example. I remember this being possible in old DHIS->Excel pivot tables when periods were split in "month" and "year", but with the "Month year" period I don't see how it can be done in the DHIS. Is there a way to do this, and if not; can it be considered as a new feature? Not sure how it could be done, but some ad-hoc creation of time series perhaps. We can always export it or make custom report, but it seems common enough for IDSR analysis to be useful on-demand inside DHIS.

Regards,
Johan