How to close the non-functional organization unit in DHIS2

I am just wondering if anyone has ever found a way to close the
organizational unit in DHIS2 that is no longer functioning.  The "closed"
field that is available in the organizational unit information does not
work unless the dataset itself is removed from the organization unit.

We still maintain a separate record in excel to monitor the reporting rate
for health facilities and update it as more information about the health
facility and the reporting is available.  It will be ideal if this can be
automated in DHIS2 to avoid confusion from users.

Mrs Baakai Kamoriki
Chief Medical Statistician
HIS Unit/ MOH
Honiara