Event reports shows option code instead of option name for deleted options

Hello,

We have configured event reports to display the number of occurrences of a particular option for a given period and orgunit in the event data. In a couple of these reports, we are noticing option code instead of option name.

We further investigated into this and found that this issue is happening because of deleting an existing option which has already been used in the event data entry. All the events which had previously used this option now display the option code.

When an option is deleted (which has been used in the event data entry), DHIS is not completely removing its trace from the events data and reports. Has someone faced this issue before or has any suggestions/fix for this?

Thanks,
Hari/Jhansi

Follow ups