Re: Import/Export data between similar but distinct systems

Hi Martin,

when you say import/export I assume data value exchange here - correct?

The approach I recommend is using the "identifier schemes". This allows you
to keep multiple sets of identifiers (id schemes) for data elements and org
units. You can set it up simply by adding unique metadata attributes for
data elements and/org units (do so from maintenance app > Attributes). Then
enter the identifiers used by "the other side".

Example: Add a unique metadata attribute called "Foo ID". Then add those
identifiers like "ID001", "ID002", for your data elements and org units.

Then during import and/or export, you can specify which id scheme to use
for matching data to metadata. You can choose between UID, code and unique
attributes.

You can read more about id schemes here:

https://docs.dhis2.org/master/en/developer/html/webapi_identifier_schemes.html

You can read how to use them in data value import here:

https://docs.dhis2.org/master/en/developer/html/webapi_data_values.html#webapi_data_values_import_parameters

regards,

Lars