Android app and tracker capture app crashing (and what is dev)

Hi all,
In the last few weeks, both the new DHIS2 android app and the tracker capture app have been crashing when we sync or try to register a TEI (see screenshot).

We have updated the apps, uninstalled and reinstalled from the play store, and updated the devices. It is happening on multiple types of devices (tablets, phones) both in the field and in the US. Is anyone else experiencing this, and any thoughts on what we can try?

Also, we noticed that some of the DHIS2 apps now say (dev) at the end – what does that mean?

Gratefully,
Natalie T